Sunday, October 7, 2012

Myrtle Beach Vacation TIGERS CONSERVATION RESERVE

TIGERS Preservation Station


I recently returned from spending a wonderful week with my daughter and cousin in Myrtle Beach.  What a delight to spend time together as distance keeps us a part from seeing each other day to day.  My daughter is the shopping and tech guru and had soooo much patience with us old gals.   Of course- she outfitted us with the latest trends from jewelry to clothes and everything in-between. I have been busy restocking Secret Garden Gems for our holiday sales.

The highlight of our time together was visiting Doc Antle’s T.I.G.E.R.S. At Preservation Station we got nose to nose with 500 pound, adult tigers and cubs. We had the opportunity to have a tiger cub sitting on our laps or to cuddle up with a monkey . 

Yogi and Maya
 We Enjoyed the experience of a lifetime. While at the preserves, the senses are awakened to a whole new world; feeling the leathery hide of the elephant and feeding it carrots…, and the heart pounding sound of tigers running at 55 miles per hour. During these encounters we got to connect with wildlife in a very intimate way which personally involves them in the lives of these amazing animals. They then walk away into the world with a desire to save these creatures and help preserve their environments.

It   was a good feeling to know we contributed to The Rare Species Fund  which was established to provide funding to critical, on the ground, international wildlife conservation programs, thereby complimenting the educational messages and field research of T.I.G.E.R.S..



Doc has come out with a beautiful new book called FIERCE BEAUTY  
a beautiful photography book featuring    the wild cats that inhabit the Institute of Greatly Endangered and Rare Species (TIGERS). This wildlife preserve in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina,

Visiting Doc's  Preservation Station  was an experience of a lifetime….and a wonderful and joyous  time spent with family….

13 comments:

  1. Wonderful pictures thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..how exciting it must be to get up close and personal with these majestic and beautiful animals...what a wonderful time you must have had and I thank you for sharing pictures..

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun. The animals are so beautiful. I just love the top picture. Is that you with the tiger?
    So happy you had such a great time. Makes me want a vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The picture ois of my daughter Jenny and yes it was so magical

      Delete
  4. Sweet! One with nature on any day is a gift :) Yeah, like Linda mentioned, is that you or memorax? Beautiful animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Taylor that is my beautiful Daughter :) We had anamazing exoperience together with each other and the animals

      Delete
  5. While living in Beverly Hills I met a man who trained big cats for the movies. One evening he invited my friend, Mary McCaslin, and me over to meet 'Angela'. What we did NOT expect to see when we walked into his bedroom was a GIGANTIC Bengal Tiger draped across the bed with a 'purr' that sounded like a locomotive engine and a yawn as big as my torso!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great story and wonderful photos. I love the way you wove your links into the story to your website!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Blog, is that you Ronni with the Tiger?

    ReplyDelete
  8. For allthose askingif that was me the answer is NO!!! Thats my daughter :)

    ReplyDelete

Please Post Your Comments and Thanks for taking the time to write