Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mysterious Sea Glass Jewelry


Secret Garden Gems NY
Sea Glass
I am Heading to the Ocean to  discover the rich translucent colors of sea beach glass.  While enjoying walks on the Atlantic Ocean  there are beautiful treasures to find. I continue to discover fascinating new tidbits on the beach.  Whether it is a beach glass bracelet, sea glass necklace or sea glass earrings, jewelry made with authentic sea glass has become very popular at all levels of our society. Beach glass
  • It is found only on beaches.
  • It can be found by anyone with access to a decent beach and the time and desire to search for it.
  • It has a pleasing luminosity or glow due to the effect of the "frosted" surface and diffusion of light.
  • There is a great variety of colors (although some are very rare).
  • It is one of the few *environmentally-friendly types of jewelery.  
 
 
 
 

Shop exciting designers like Patti Jo and designer Holly Yashi.
Give someone special some fun beach jewelry to spice things up!!
Take a moment and browse through their latest pieces.

6 comments:

  1. These designers are so talented, they make the most wonderful jewelry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Growing up on the beach myself, I love sea glass!! Awesome necklace!! Your friend from the Networking Together site - Beyond The Awning aka Trish ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for Posting Trish I am going to the beach and I will be on a mission to find beach glass I so want to make those wind chimes myself What a fun thing to do while relaxing at the Beach I will be posting my "finds" and progress here Plenty pf pictures to go along

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you have/had an amazing time at the beach and found a lot of treasures. I am always amazed at what can be found and what people can do with what they find :) I checked out both links in this post and do not see any sea glass items.. well I did see an amazing book about sea glass... I have it and consider it the bible of the see glass.. but I could not find any jewelry or the wind chime :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mechelle the wind chime is not for sale but rather an inspiration from the artist for us to make it ourselves....The sea glass pendants sell out so quickly :) During my trip to the ocean last week we could find no sea glass o the shore but we did find beautiful shells Thinking of making some mosaics with them...still thinking about it I will be in search of more sea glass jewelry and will hope to most is for sale on my website for those that are interested

    ReplyDelete

Please Post Your Comments and Thanks for taking the time to write